Frank Wisniewski was born in Poland in 1882. He came to America in 1899, and to Camden NJ in 1901. By 1913 he was operating a tavern at 1068 Haddon Avenue in Camden. During Prohibition he was in the wholesale soft drink business. After Prohibition was repealed Frank Wisniewski opened Frank's Cafe at 1039 Haddon Avenue, which he owned and operated until his death on August 10, 1949. The Wisniewski family also operated a tavern at 2277 South 7th Street, in South Camden.
Frank Wisniewski was survived by his wife, helen, sons Joseph and Dr. Henry Wisniewski, a dentist and then a member of the Camden Board of Education; three daughters, Mrs. Alura Rychert, Miss Jean Wisniewski, and Mrs. Dorothy Wojciechowski; two sisters, Mrs. Martha Szepankiewicz and mrs. Anna grabowski, and eight grandchildren.
Frank Wisniewski was very active in civic affairs. His family is still involved in civic affairs in Camden County to this day.
|Camden Courier-Post * August 11, 1949|
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE